Sunday, January 20, 2013

Christians versus the Lions

Part of Kwantu Game Reserve hosts big cats from around the globe. Some are there being nursed back to health. Others have been born in captivity and are been raised at Kwantu.

Such is the case for six lions currently living together in an enclosure. These lions will be sent to zoos or game reserves around the world, because the park cannot sustain too many free roaming lions.

Our afternoon game drive ended at the big cat enclosure. Outside the enclosure is a large sign saying "Don't Run". Apparently running will encourage the big cats to attack. These cats are behind an electric fence, so I felt no fear.



I stood close to the enclosure, camera in hand happily taking images of our furry friends. It would seem that a couple of lions did not like this.  First they crouch low and growled fiercely. Then they leaped to their feet with a loud roar. Some of our group tried to run in fright. But like I said, I felt no fear; after all Christians have a history with lions. I stood my ground and got some great photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment